Powered by Blogger.

Pages

2nd Semester Is Upon Us!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

I can't believe the second semester of PA school is about to begin!  This three week break has flown by. We, as a family traveled and built quality relations with each other. 



Here is our first snow fall in Virginia!  Abby and I had been complaining that Christmas without snow just isn't the same!  It just so happens to snow the day before Christmas! That morning we had a few friends over for a breakfast, so it was fun to see the kids venture outside and play.


 Obviously, it didn't snow much.  just enough to make it enjoyable. 
Her tiny snowman. Hannah's favorite thing to do in snow, besides throwing it! (o, and eating it, yuck!)


This picture to me, expresses the pure kid in Grace!


And poor 'ol Clara stayed inside most of the time. 


One of our trips was up to NY!  Our first day consisted of SLOW driving and dumb drivers!  The snow was coming down heavy and hard.  In fact, it took us 6 hours to get to Hershey, PA.  When it should have only been 3!  We stayed the night in Harrisburg, PA and visited a few sites and showed off some of my mission. It's crazy to think, I have been home for 10 years.  


We finally made it up to NY (BUSY is an understatement for NY this time of year!) and visited family.  It was great to meet up with some of Abby's relatives. They were extremely friendly and were wonderful hosts! (Abby posted more on this trip here: www.thehurdfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com)

With regards to physician assistant school, this semester includes: Pathophysiology II, Clinical Medicine, Pharmacology I, and Biostats.  These all seem to be more book-work type classes.  Personally, I am a fan of hands-on classes, so we will see how these go.  Also, after seeing the tower of 3 x 5 cards the second year students had for Pharmacology, I went out and purchased 300 just to get me started.

My 'buddy' from the second years gave me his old Internal Medicine book and when I tell you it is the size of an old library dictionary (you know the ones I am talking about.  The 50, 000 page book that sat on a pulpit and only young, immature boys would stop to joke about dropping it on someone or look up naughty words. lol!) I'm not lying!

This semester I have formulated a plan to stay fit.  Last semester, I feel like I sat and sat around some more. It was nothing but studying.  Well, maybe a few days in the gym. My goal is to work out three times a week and to eat healthier.  When I say 'eat healthier,' I mean more veggies!  I will be incorporating more nutritional valued foods into my diet = better energy and brain power!
I have already begun.  For Christmas, the girls bought me a kettle bell.  I started doing some mini Crossfit WODs.

Let the exciting second semester begin!

1 comments:

  1. Max and Deanna said...:

    I love the white snow on the green grass. Congratulations on completing a successful 1st semester. Keep up the good work.

Post a Comment

 
On My Way To PA © 2011 | Designed by Blogger Templates Gallery