Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Catch up on summer

Sunday, August 25, 2013
After two different planes and five hours of limited leg room, I landed in Idaho Falls where my wonderful wife picked me up.  She and our girls had been in Idaho for the passed three weeks.  After a warm 'hello' we drove 40 minutes to Rexburg where a tent in the back yard awaited us. Did I mention that it was 1230 at night.  However, for my brain it was 230 in the morning!

The next morning we hiked the 'R' mountain, which is an old, benign volcano.  And within a short period of time my lungs were screaming at me.  They had adapted to the lower altitude of Virginia and had a rude awaking.  

Anyways, we had a great time with Abby's family.  We went canoeing, hiking and the kids were able to watch a movie outside by way of projector. They also made shirts with paint and stencils, but of course they had tons of fun with the cousins! Can't forget the great food and company!  

We also had family pictures.


The following week, my family had a nice family reunion at a local park.  It was great seeing everyone and get caught up on life.  I love my family. 

We also did a quick day trip to Utah to visit some friends.  It was great to get caught up with them. We have some many great people in our lives and I'm sad that we didn't have time visit them all. 

The rest of summer was rather restful.  I didn't think about school, didn't touch a book/nothing! In fact, I did everything possible to spend as much time with my family. 


Here it is, time to hit the books yet again.  This will be my fourth semester in the PA program. This semester we will have a bit less in the lectures, which I am greatful for and more of the problem solving and presentations. We have a master's thesis to complete as well. I have chosen my subject as diagnosing prostate cancer: should asymptomatic patients be test vs symptomatic.  I'll go into a few more details later.  A clinical lab class, we will be learning how to read EKGs and X-rays.  More pharmacology and clinical medicine (diseases and disorders). Anyways, I look forward to this semester and pray that we may find success!





2 comments:

  1. Shauna said...:

    It was so nice to get a chance to spend time with all of you. Good luck with this new semester. I know you will do a great job. Love to you all.

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome trip! It was so great to see everyone, and my kids can't stop talking about your girls, lol. That is a great picture btw! Love you guys!!! :D

Post a Comment

 
On My Way To PA © 2011 | Designed by Blogger Templates Gallery